Friday, March 23, 2007

March 22 Timeline

Adding to Chris' comments, when I arrived at the hospital at noon on 3/22 I found Mark sitting up in a chair. It was good to see him out of bed. Just being helped out of bed with help and getting into the chair tired him out.

Mark kept pointing to his throat - trying to tell me something. After a few questions I apologized for not understanding. The nurse came in a few minutes later to tell me that at 1 PM a voice device was being put in the trach area so Mark could talk. I said to him that I bet he had a lot to say. He shook his head yes.

Thank you to his friend Rick Walters for the CD of healing scriptures. I brought it to Mark and he was listening to the CD when I left to return to work.

The hospital is helping the family find a rehab center for Mark. He may be able to be released in the very near future to begin rehab. It's all baby steps - but looking more and more hopeful!

Thank you for your continued prayers!

Laura Lyster

No comments: