Mark has made what will be his last stop on his trek. He is in Room 10 at Rose Arbor Hospice facility in Kalamazoo. The room is finely appointed - warm, relaxing, a calming place for his loved ones and friends to gather before the transition to the next place.
He experienced very shallow breathing while at Bronson this morning. That delayed his departure from there to Rose Arbor. Pride Care did a wonderful job in transporting him to Rose Arbor. The ride and the fresh air was helped make him a little more alert. He has settled in. His breathing continues to be shallow as his body shuts down. We can only hope that he goes quietly into the night.
Funeral arrangements have been made. The memorial service will be held at the First United Methodist Church on 212 Park Street in Kalamazoo. I am so very proud of our four sons for everything they have done for their dad!
Thank you to everyone who has walked this final journey with the Lyster family members - we appreciate your support. Your strength has helped carry us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My Uncle Mark is the strongest and most genuine person I know. He is a fighter and he has fought hard over these last 2 1/2 years. My family and I love him so much. He has a heart of gold and that has not changed at all. Now the only thing that I can hope for him now is that he goes peacefully. I will miss him so much and he has truly been a blessing to my life. I love you Uncle Mark!
Dear Brother,
May the peace of the Lord bring you good rest tonight. I hold you in my heart; I know you hold me in yours.
Love, Chris
Mark, I know you're not ready to go and leave your loved ones but there are more loved ones waiting for you in your next life and they will be glad to see you. You will be free of pain and a part of eternity in heaven. We will always remember the good times being involved over the years with boy scouts, camp, meeting, camp fire dinners, trips. Alan worked hard for his merit badges and the life experiences that you offered are priceless. I wish you could have meet his 1 yr old daughter Teagan and her mother Becky, Embrace your final rest with God. Llve always, Alan, Leslie and Lorelene McLeary
Post a Comment