Another day is drawing to a close. Mark is resting quietly as I sit & compose this entry.
This morning when I arrived about 9 AM Mark was sleeping lightly. Brian was curled up on the sofa getting some much needed sleep. Mark's eyes opened as I tried closing the door to leave the two sleeping. I went & sat in the chair beside his bed. He raised his arm as if asking for a hug. Then he mumbled a few words to me. Such an improvement. There must be less fluid on his brain at this time pressing on his speech center.
Most of the day he was saying a few words to his visitors. He asked Linda Dunn to read a bible verse for him. A little while later he asked for the TV to be on. He even played with the remote.
This evening he's tired but is having trouble falling asleep. He's still afraid to close his eyes.
With the extended family here - the boys were able to get a reprieve to enjoy other things during the day. They are still alternating nights that they stay with their dad. I applaud them for their bravery, unconditional love, willingness to work together to take care of their dad, and the responsibity they are demonstrating. Thank you boys for all that you are doing! I love you so much.
Mark continues to prepare for his transition to the next life. He still fears leaving the comfort of the known to go to the unknown. His parents await his arrival with open hours.
I am proud to have known Mark for 40 years. He exemplifys the Scout Oath & Law. Life seems so unfair that he has to be taken from this world to go help others someplace else.
Please continue to keep Mark and the family in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Laura,
Thank you for your sweet words and for being there for Mark, your sons, and the family.
I know what a comfort you are for Mark - he loves you forever.
Mark is strong and will choose his own time. To all that know him, please remember his life and all the goodness that he has brought to others. What a joy it will be for him to see Mom and Dad again!
Someday we will join Mark and rejoice together.
Love to our brave brother, from the bottom of my heart.
Chrissy
Post a Comment